Maltby Tricept F2 Forged Irons
Read the Customer Reviews for the 2009 Maltby Tricept F1 Forged Irons
New for 2010, the Maltby Tricept F2 Forged Irons replace the popular Tricept F1 Forged Irons. The Tricept F2 Forged iron club head is like no other muscle back iron on the market. The F2 is true hosel, body and sole form forged from 8620 carbon steel, utilizing the precise elements of investment casting for the tight tolerance control and forging to better align grain structure. The face of the Tricept F2 Forged iron is true forged from a 1025 carbon steel billet that is CNC milled to precise specifications. This combination of material and manufacturing produces an iron with incredible feel and precise specifications. Golfers that like that blade look will love the Tricept F2 iron at address. The unique shape of the muscle design places the mass of the head in the optimal position for each club number in the set. The mass is positioned for more stability in the mid and long irons, usually the least forgiving irons in any set. This positioning makes the Tricept F2 Forged long irons more stable and forgiving than traditional forged blade style irons. The mass is neutralized in the medium short to short irons to produce a more penetrating ball flight for optimum feel and distance control. Based on feedback from better golfers, the actual vertical center of gravity was positioned slightly higher than typical Maltby designs to provide a medium trajectory profile for better distance control. Unlike 99% of blade designs ever developed, the horizontal center of gravity is located in the exact center of the club face to improve the ball velocity, spin and feel on properly struck golf shots. The Maltby Tricept F2 Forged muscles back shows how we can take a great blade profile and redistribute the weight to make a blade design more playable. More than just another pretty blade, the Maltby Tricept F2 Forged irons offer Game Improvement playability in a unique muscle back design.
- U-Grooves CNC Milled to 2010 USGA guidelines.
- Bi-material construction in a blade profile provides optimum weight distribution
- Forged 1025 Carbon Steel face provides a true forged feel
- 8620 Carbon Steel body is form forged to precise specifications and provides easy adjustability for custom loft and lies
- Flow Weighted muscle optimizes weight distribution for each club in the set
- Carbon Steel face is CNC milled to precise thickness
- CNC milled scorelines
- Tour grind leading edge, front to back sole camber and optimal sole angle for each club prevents digging through the impact zone
- Progressive offset from the long irons (more) to the short irons (less)
- Plasma welding of face to body eliminates excess weld material
- Two piece construction provides more perimeter weighting in the traditional blade profile
- .370" hosel bore
- Available in #3 - PW, GW in RH only
- Recommended golf ferrule 74PI
- Product Code = MA0100
(6 customer reviews
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Thursday, September 01, 2011
Great irons but....
Reviewed By: Erik
(Rush City, MN)
I bought a set of these irons and assembled them with FST 115 Pro stiff shafts. Great look and feel. Nice high controlled trajectory. I really like these irons however, first time out the chrome chipped off the sole of the 9 iron. Golfworks is sending me a replacement. Hope this doesn't continue to happen with the rest of the set...
- Saturday, August 13, 2011
Reviewed By: Rick
(St. Simons, GA)
These are not your fathers blades.
While they have a traditional blade look at address, one swing will prove that they are not. They are weighted to provide a higher ball flight and the ball launches like a perimeter weighted cast head.
Nice soft feel, minimal offset and high (yet controlled) ball flight. What more could you want? Before you go drop $1k on a set of Mizunos, do yourself a favor and check out these irons. A++
- Friday, July 02, 2010
Reviewed By: J. Anderson
I built the 4-PW w/FST pro 115 stiff flex and these are a great combination. I had gone between cavity backs and blades over the previous 4-5 yrs. I decided to go back to a blade because it is largely what I have played since I was introduced to the game. I love these heads,they have a crisp, solid feel and perform great Would highly recommend to others!Read More Reviews