SEARCH Search GolfWorks
  GolfWorks Canada | Online Catalog | Find the Right Golf Shaft Become a Fan of the GolfWorks
The GolfWorks Industry Standard Grip Tape

The GolfWorks Industry Standard Grip Tape

Tell a Friend about this item

Product Name Price Status Qty
DFTG2 - 48mm x 36yd Roll Grip Tape $10.29 In Stock
DFTG1 - 18mm x 36yd Roll Grip Tape $5.29 In Stock
DFTG218 - 48mm x 18yd Roll Grip Tape $6.59 In Stock
DFTG210 - Grip Tape 2" x 10" Strips $0.35 In Stock
  • Product Description
  • Reviews
  • Questions & Answers
The GolfWorks Industry Standard Grip Tape
The industry standard tape for installing slip-on or leather grips. Sticky on both sides and activated with solvent. Also keeps grip collars in place. Choose from 18mm wide for spiral winding or 48mm wide for faster length-wise application (preferred by most clubmakers). Also available in a shorter 18yd roll and 10" pre-cut strips.
The GolfWorks Industry Standard Grip Tape is rated 4.3333 out of 5 by 3.
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Actually a little disappointing! This tape was a disappointing in that the adhesive was not consistent. This was only noted to be true on the "sticky" side, not the top side that is activated with solvent. It remains to be seen if this results in any problems.
Date published: 2015-06-16
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Still the best grip tape available!!! Over the years I have used every tape available this is consitantly the best
Date published: 2015-06-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Great convenience. So much easier than wrapping narrow tape around the shaft.
Date published: 2015-05-31
  • 2015-07-02T07:35CST
  • bvseo_cps, prod_bvrr, vn_cps_3.1.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_0, tr_3
  • loc_en_US, sid_DFTG2, PRD, sort_relevancy
  • clientName_golfworks

Do you still carry water soluble grip tape?

Asked by: Bucko
Yes. The code number for the Water Activated Tape is WST18 for the 2" x 18yd roll or WST10 for 2" x 10" strips.
Answered by: GW2002
Date published: 2015-06-15

Is this double back grip tape? It does not identify as double back.

Asked by: John77
The DFTG2 is our standard double sided tape used for re-gripping.
Answered by: GW2002
Date published: 2015-06-15

What is two side tape mean? Can I just get one roll of tape? When I regrip my Clubs.

Asked by: Flipper
Two sided tape simply refers to tape that has adhesive on both sides. The bottom side will stick to the shaft while the adhesive on the top side becomes slippery when soaked with solvent to allow for easy grip installation.
Answered by: Admin
Date published: 2015-06-30


Asked by: Vincent
If you are installing a .600" core size grip onto a .600" butt diameter using the double sided grip tape you would need 2 strips of tape to achieve the 1/64" oversize. One strip to create the 1/64" oversize and then the normal 1 strip that is accounted for by the grip manufacture as part of the finished grip size. If you are using masking tape that is .010" thick when folded in half we recommend 2 strips of masking tape. We have this grip sizing chart on our web site that can help you with this.
Answered by: JimY
Date published: 2015-01-23

I purchased this grip tape recently (DFTG2). I am finding it very difficult to install the grips over this tape. Is there anything special I must to do wet the tape for grip installation? I am using regular grip solvent.

Asked by: Ryan
We have had this grip tape for years and never had any major problems with grip installations with the normal gripping solvents that we sell. I have also installed many grips with this tape using Naptha as a grip solvent which works very well. Sometimes certain grips can be a little more difficult to install then others because they will not stretch as much. In these cases I like to warm the grip before installing and find they will go on a lot easier. If you are trying to install grips that you have installed a lot of times without a problem please contact our customer service and they will work with you to get you a new role of tape. Sometime you will get a section of a role of tape that just in not right. You can contact customer service at or by calling 1-800-848-8358.
Answered by: JimY
Date published: 2015-06-30

Name tags ?

Asked by: Ray Rhoton
  • 2015-07-02T07:41CST
  • bvseo_cps, prod_bvqa, vn_cps_3.1.5
  • cp_1, bvpage1
  • co_hasquestionsanswers, tq_6
  • loc_en_US, sid_DFTG2, PRD, sort_recentAnswersFirst
  • clientName_golfworks