DIgital Shaft Torque Measuring Gauge
The GolfWorks Digital Torque Measuring Gauge precisely measures the torsional stiffness (torque) of raw golf shafts as well as the torsional stiffness of an assembled golf club. A golf shafts torsional stiffness is an indicator of its ability to resist rotational twisting imparted by the clubheads force during the downswing. Faster swing speeds often require golf shafts with lower torque to limit head rotation at impact while slower swing speeds often require the help of a shaft with a higher torque value to close the face properly at impact. Unfortunately, there is not a definitive way to compare the torque specifications of one shaft manufacture to another. Almost all OEM shaft manufactures measure torque differently and use different torque measuring gauges. Relying on the shaft manufactures written torque specifications when trying to properly fit a golf shaft to a golfers swing characteristics often leads to a poor shaft selection. Choosing a golf shaft with the correct torque for an individuals swing is vital in respect to the golfers shot dispersion and control.
- Measures torsional stiffness on both raw shafts and assembled golf clubs.
- Measures torsional stiffness in both clockwise and counter clockwise directions.
- Digital readout is accurate to .01º of torque.
- Calibration free with a built in zero reset function.
- High precision, shockproof, relative positioning optical encoder for trouble free operation.
- Clamping fixtures will secure all shaft and butt tip diameters.
- Allowable shaft length test span of 44” to 16”.
- Applied torque load: 1 lb/ft.