Maltby TE Forged Irons
Read the Customer Reviews for the 2009 Maltby MTF Forged Irons
New for 2010, the Maltby M-Series Tour Edition Forged Irons replace the popular MTF Forged Irons. The Tour Edition Forged Iron club head has been developed based on customer request for a traditional cavity back design with less graphics and new grooves to meet 2010 USGA guidelines. The exceptionally clean look of the M-Series TE irons along with a traditional blade profile appeals to the better players and traditionalist looking for more forgiveness. The TE Forged irons are the result of a tireless five step forging process that starts with a raw billet of 1035 carbon steel and through a series of 5 different forging dies and multiple heat treating process’ creates an incredibly precise finished head requiring very little surface grinding. Typical forged cavity backs only utilize one forging die and have to be hand ground into the final shape and head weight, causing inconsistencies in every clubs specifications from one club to the next. By optimizing the center of gravity position, the Maltby TE Forged irons offer Super Game Improvement playability, combined with the exceptional feel and look of a true forged, players cavity iron.
- Five-step true forging process provides unparalleled quality and playability.
- 1035 Carbon Steel provides a soft, solid feel and allows for easy adjustability.
- Traditional blade profile appeals to better players and traditionalist while maintaining a high playability.
- Cavity back design concentrates weight around the perimeter and low, yielding a very forgiving “players” club.
- Mirror, nickel chrome finish enhances feel and enhances the clean, traditional appearance.
- Blended leading and trailing edges of the sole will not snag.
- Grooves CNC milled to meet 2010 USGA guidelines.
- Universal hosel bore diameter allows for .355" and .370" tip shafts
- Available #3 - PW, GW
- RH only
- Recommended golf ferrule – 74PI
- Product Code = MA0099
(19 customer reviews
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Tuesday, September 06, 2011
Plays as well as they look
Reviewed By: Patrick
(Silver Spring, MD)
I ordered these irons at the end of July (free assembly promo). After spending some range time, I finally played my first round with them today (in the rain). Lots of compliments on their looks...more after I hit them a few times. Beautiful ball flight! Now I have to relearn distance! I seem to be at least one club longer with these irons. What a problem to have! Thanks GolfWorks!
- Thursday, September 27, 2012
Reviewed By: Jeff
What's not to like about these irons? The feel is superb. The accuracy and distance control are outstanding. The setup is beautiful. Love the constant minimal offset. Probably not quite as workable as the 2007 MMB's (my old irons), but much more forgiving. In fact, it's hard to believe such a compact head offers this much forgiveness on mis-hits. I would recommend these to anyone.
- Friday, July 23, 2010
Smooth & forgiving
Reviewed By: Stefan
I have tried just about every iron available for the last 5 years. Before this set i had a Cobra CB set with 5.5 rifle shafts stepped to about 5.2
At first i tried just shifting the shafts but the deeper bore on Maltby made the clubs to short, and the combination made the ball fly high, way to high... Bought True Temper SL with sensicore and now i finally found IT! Smooth but yet forgiving,easy to get the ball in the air even on mishits. Highly recommended if you don´t like offset clubs!Read More Reviews