MALTBY MHS IRON HEADS
The 3 and 4 in the Maltby MHS Irons are true hybrids, designed with the shallower face heights and wider soles seen in most hybrids today. On the inside, our GolfWorks proprietary Advanced Shell Technology is used. The thick sole keeps the c.g. throughout the set low for a solid hit and a great trajectory profile. The MHS 5 and 6 irons are hollow with the weight distributed low and to the back of the iron, making them very solid and forgiving. The MHS 7 thru 9 irons feature an undercut cavity design, low c.g. and expanded sweet spot making them the most solid feeling mid to short irons you will ever hit. The PW, GW and SW are a solid sole cavity, which optimizes the feel in the high lofted irons. The wide sole design combined with the optimum bounce angle make the Maltby MHS irons easy to hit from a variety of turf conditions.
- Four distinct designs in one set to maximize performance from every approach distance.
- Low profile hybrids feature Advanced Shell Technology
(optimum weight distribution) for maximum performance
- Wide sole design in hybrids, mid irons and short irons position mass low and
rearward for optimum distance and trajectory and an extremely solid feel.
- Shorter hosel design allows for more weight in the perimeter, improving
stability (higher MOI).
- Slightly longer blade length increases MOI for more forgiveness on off-center hits.
- Designed bounce, sole width and sole radius in mid and short irons is very
- U – grooves for ultimate spin control from bad turf conditions.
- Hybrids made from 17-4 stainless steel, 5-SW made from 431 double heat
treated stainless steel.
- Custom assembly available with any shaft or grip option offered by the GolfWorks.
- Recommended ferrule – 52PI
(1 customer reviews
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Saturday, November 22, 2008
Reviewed By: Grant
(Moncton, New Brunswick Canada)
Firstly,I am shocked that no one has written a review on these clubs.I love them!I am a 71 year old,play to a l5 handicap,built a set of these this year and I absolutely love them.
Secondly,I am dissapointed to hear that these irons and hybrids will be phased out.Read More Reviews