MALTBY GLIDER TL IRON CLUB HEADS
Read the Editorial
The Maltby Glider TL was developed to be the perfect golf iron for those with slower swing speeds and or shallower (sweeping) type swing arcs. Although any of the Glider designs work well for this type of player, the TL is the first transition Glider to be developed for this segment. The Maltby Glider TL design starts with the 1.7 sole width in the 5 iron, bringing the hybrid iron concept to the mid irons. Exact 4 loft progressions were designed into the glider TL to provide a clear and distinct trajectory and distance progression for the slower swing speeds. Our research with this segment of players confirms this type of loft progression is a tremendous help in getting the proper distance and trajectory progressions needed for slower swinging players.
For the Glider TL system to be complete, we added a true Tricept Hybrid 22 (H3) and 26 (H4) option. These Tricept Hybrid designs complement the Glider TL transition irons perfectly, maintaining the perfect 4 loft progressions and filing the distance gap between fairway woods and the irons. Cast from 17-4 stainless steel the low and deep center of gravity location along with the anti dig sole of the Glider TL Hybrid sole make these heads ideal for replacing hard to hit long irons regardless of swing speed.
- Shallow blade profile combined with wider sole keeps center of gravity (cg) low and rearward, making this design extremely effective for sweeping type swing arcs.
- Short hosel design and large cavity allows more weight to be placed in the perimeter for forgiveness on off-center hits
- 4 degree consistent loft progressions in #5 iron thru PW
- Sole designed to be extremely turf friendly
- Available in RH #5 - PW, SW
- Recommended golf ferrule - 59PI
(1 customer reviews
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Saturday, August 22, 2009
Airborne at Last.
Reviewed By: Steve Lange
(Providence Forge, Virginia)
I recently purchased Glider TL 5-iron (assembled). I am 53 and have only been playing golf for a couple of years. I always have trouble getting the ball in the air but not with this club. I really had a blast during my last round. Look forward to replacing all my irons with TL's.Read More Reviews