Maltby KE4 U30 Irons
The Maltby KE4 U30 iron club head is a revised version of our original and best selling KE4 iron. The KE4 U30 maintains the extremely low vertical center of gravity (.635”) of the original design and falls into the Ultra Game Improvement category of the Maltby Playability Factor, with an actual MPF number of 1014. Ample progressive offsets help square the face at impact for straighter shots and the wider sole design is extremely turf friendly. The KE4 U30 design remains the most playable iron design on the market with a modern “players” cavity back iron profile.
- Ultra Game improvement cavity back design that tallies over 1000 points in the Maltby Playability Factor making the KE4 U30 one of the most forgiving iron designs ever
- Progressive offset in the #4 through #7 iron, with a constant offset in the #8 through GW
- Extremely low vertical center of gravity (.635”) which is ideal for sweeping swing types and players looking to hit the ball higher
- 3° of bounce in the #4 through 9 iron, 4° of bounce in the PW and GW.
- Weight adjustable with 2, 4, 6 and 8 gram weights to maximize feel
- Four gram factory installed heel and toe weights
- Free wrench w/ set (8) purchase - MA0032W $6.99
- Available in #4 - PW, GW
- .370" hosel bore diameter
- Recommended golf ferrule – 52PI
- Product Code = MA0175
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Sunday, September 26, 2010
Reviewed By: Andrew
(Ann Arbor, Michigan)
I went and got fitted at the Newark Pro-Shop in early September. This is my second fitting with Golfworks; first about 10-12 years ago. The service, as usual, surpassed expectations. After trying multiple iron/hybrid/fairway wood types, I had a strong feeling the U30 was the one for me. Very forgiving, handsome profile, and impressive feel. The ball jumps off the face; the woods & hybrids make a pleasing sound when struck. I've played about 72 holes with them thus far and am thrilled with their performance. The only issue was that some of the weights were loose, but they immediately sent me the wrench at no cost. I would not hesitate to recommend the overall club fitting experience and most certainly KE4 U30 clubs to anyone. I will certainly be back next time I need clubs.
- Wednesday, May 23, 2012
Reviewed By: Ed
Have made up quite a few sets of irons over the years from different sites. Finally found quality components to use at Golfworks. Used a TT Lite shaft and Golf Pride mid size grip for a solid set of irons.
- Sunday, April 24, 2011
Reviewed By: Bob
This is my first attempt at building a set of golf clubs. Started with a 7 iron head mated to a spine aligned TT Lite XL shaft, and GP Tour Velvet grip, built to 37". The club weights 433g total, with a swingweight of D5. This club is absolutely amazing, and is hands down the best feeling club I've swung yet. Once I get the rest of the set's components ordered and assembled, the Callaway X-22's are going in the closet. Next up on the to-build list... the KE4 SSF1 driver. :DRead More Reviews