Maltby Tricept PFT Drivers
The Maltby Tricept PFT (Precision Forged Titanium) driver utilizes the PFT manufacturing process as well as a very deep, 360°, 15-3-3-3 Beta Titanium VFT Cup Face design. The cup face design eliminates excessive welding around the perimeter of the club face to increase the sweet spot which maximizes ball speeds over a greater area of the enlarged 2.375 high club face. The crown of the Tricept PFT driver is manufactured from Ti3al2.5V titanium. The Ti3al2.5V material is stronger than pure grade titanium and has better formability which allows for a stronger, lighter and more flexible crown. All this club face and crown technology provides the golfer the with best possible chance to reach maximum ball speeds relative to their swing speed regardless of the impact location on the club face. To help increase club head speed the Tricept PFT driver features a scalloped crown and sole design that improves the aerodynamics to decrease air drag during the down swing. The weight saved from the PFT manufacturing process and the thinner crown material allows for improved internal weighting positioned deep and slightly up from the sole for a high launching, low spinning and penetrating ball flight maximizing carry and roll distances. The classic 455cc head shape with modern aesthetics appeals to all types of players coupled with the dense titanium grain structure produces a sound and feel that is unmatched. You wont find a better combination of performance, technology and appearance than the new Maltby Tricept PFT driver head.
Precision Forging utilizes multiple forging steps to create extremely tight fitting titanium shell components that can be bonded together using Precision Fit Plasma Welding. Precision Fit Plasma Welding requires far less material than typical Plasma welding saving valuable weight that can be dispensed elsewhere in the head to boost head performance. Historically, the expensive process of investment casting titanium has been required for more defined and exotic shapes in a driver design. Precision Forging Technology allows for more defined geometric shapes similar to casting, but produces a much denser grain structure that greatly improves the sound and feel of the driver.
- Four Piece Precision Forged construction utilizes multiple forging steps to create extremely tight fitting titanium shell components usually only achieved by casting but with a denser, tighter grain structure for improved sound and feel.
- Precision Fit Plasma Welding saves valuable weight allowing for optimal weight dispersion.
- 15-3-3-3 Beta Titanium VFT Cup Face design eliminates excessive face welding to increase the effective sweet spot and maximizing ball speeds over a greater area of the club face.
- Scalloped crown and sole design improves aerodynamics for increased club head speed.
- Deep 2.375 face height expands the hitting area for increased forgiveness.
- Internal weighting strategically positioned deep and slightly higher than normal promotes a high launching penetrating ball flight.
- Classic 455cc head shape with modern aesthetics appeals to all types of players.
- Available in 9° and 10.5° loft options.
- Recommended Ferrule - 60PW
- Product Code = MA0176
(8 customer reviews
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Monday, June 28, 2010
Reviewed By: Randy
What an awesome driver! Good as advertised. It's long (I've won the longest drive hole two outings in a row with this driver) and I've noticed it's more forgiving than my previous driver. Very nice looking head also. I have mine shafted with a Pro Launch Platinum and with coupons from the Golfworks catalog I got it for $168 shipped to my door. No way an oem company could touch this quality for that price!!
- Friday, June 11, 2010
Reviewed By: Mike T
I purchased one or the driver packages from the Golfworks. It Featured a 10.5 degree head and a Stiff flex Maltby distance shaft. the resulting club is very nice. Great feel, above average distance, and i really noticed a difference in distance on off center hits. The ball explodes off the cup face and has a great sound. Tremendous value and high enough quality for any skill level. Nice job Golfworks.
- Friday, May 28, 2010
Reviewed By: eli
this is the real deal. forgiveness, distance, sound, feel, look, this head is as good or better than anything out there costing 3x's as much. i shafted a 10.5 with the xcalibur 6+ and could not be more pleased. all my friends now want one, nuff said.Read More Reviews