Maltby DBM Forged Iron Heads
The Maltby DMB irons are the next generation of our proven classic 5 step true forged iron design. The lofts have been increased by 1 degree to a achieve a more modern loft progression along with improved finish durability and CNC groove dimensions. The DBM (Diamonized Black Metal) finish is a chemically implanted finish that is 2x more wear resistant, 3x more corrosion (rusting) resistant and 3x more scratch resistant than nickel chrome finishes. In addition to the added surface protection, the DMB finish is chemically implanted so there is no finish layer thickness added to the exterior finish as with nickel chrome finishes. Because the grooves are machined into forged iron heads prior to finishing, the DBM finish actually increases the productivity of the grooves vs. chrome finishes by eliminating this outer finish layer. The DBM irons also feature precision milled micro grooves to improve the consistency of spin from all turf conditions.
- "DBM" Diamonized Black Metal finish is a chemically implanted finish that is more wear resistant, corrosion resistant and scratch resistant than any carbon steel finish currently available.
- DBM finish increases surface hardness without affecting the feel and actually enhances the adjustability aspects of the 1035 carbon steel.
- Five-step true forging process provides unparalleled quality and playability.
- 1035 Carbon Steel provides a soft, solid feel and allows for easy adjustability.
- Traditional blade profile appeals to better players and traditionalist while maintaining a high playability.
- Cavity back design concentrates weight around the perimeter and low, yielding a very forgiving players club.
- Blended leading and trailing edges of the sole will not snag.
- Grooves CNC milled to meet USGA guidelines.
- Available #3 - PW, GW
- RH only
- Recommended ferrule 74PI
- Product Code = MA0225
(4 customer reviews
Overall Rating: Write an online review
and share your thoughts with other customersSort Reviews: Newest
| Highest Rating
| Lowest Rating
- Thursday, May 23, 2013
Reviewed By: bersh
I have been playing the MTF the last couple seasons and really loved the way they played and especially loved the way they felt. After seeing pics of the new DBM, I decided to try the 6 iron as a demo before getting the complete set. The heads are much better looking in person than the pics. I played the 6 iron for a couple rounds and have liked it enough that I now have the 5-pw set. I've been very impressed with the micro grooves so far as they do seem to spin the ball as much as the MTF (pre rule change grooves). The DBM finish seems very durable so far as well, but it's really too early to tell for sure. I do think that the DBM sound/feel a touch clickier than the MTF - it might be the harder finish that has changed the sound a touch to make them feel a bit firmer. Regardless,they still feel great and still have the overall soft sound and feel of forged heads.
So far I'm happy and impressed. Guys at my course like the looks of them as well as I've gotten a couple comments in just a few rounds out with them.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Reviewed By: brianr34
I previously had the TE Forged. The DMB irons are very nice. The same great feel and forgiveness, with a new dark appearance. Very high quality forged club with a much lower cost compared to OEMs.
- Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Reviewed By: Bill
(Santa Barbara, CA)
I made a set of these for myself; 6-PW. They look and feel great with nice forgiveness. Nice soft forged feel. Well done!Read More Reviews